Hi, I’m Danny, and I’m an unreasonable person.
Let me explain. I believe YOU deserve to:
- Do work you actually enjoy doing — rather than just working for a paycheck and waiting for the weekend to arrive
- Get paid what you’re worth — I’m talking an amount that gets you excited to get up and work — instead of taking whatever amount your boss (or clients) happens to offer you
- And have the freedom to work from anywhere in the world, and control your own schedule — so you can travel, or take a day off any time you want to, without ever having to ask anyone’s permission
To many people, these seem like unreasonable goals. Yet I’ve helped many people do it, like Sharmin, Mike, Elyse, and Ben, to name just a few. These people are living in total freedom. It’s the life I’ve been living for years, and now I want the same thing for you.
How would it feel to be able to fire up your laptop and do work on YOUR terms, when YOU want to?
How would it feel to have a never ending stream of clients who are happy to pay you well?
How would it feel to enjoy every minute of your day, and have total freedom and control over your time?
Some people are just too “reasonable” to pursue a life full of this type of freedom and enjoyment. They’ll tell you you have to compromise — a word I despise with the white hot intensity of a thousand suns.
In what universe does “compromise” sound like a good idea? Our heroes don’t compromise. Did Washington, Jefferson, or Lincoln compromise? Where would we be if they did?
Take a look at the dictionary definition of this evil word:
No one really wants this for themselves.
But we ALL have an uncanny way of justifying things in life we can’t stand.
So people will tell you things like:
Sure I don’t enjoy my work. But you’re not supposed to, right? After all, it’s just a job.
I’d love to earn more, but what I get paid is just the market value for the work I do.
Who gets to take off on a random Tuesday, anyway? …
… Well, this guy does. And so can you — if you want to.
Adventures of a six-figure Upworker
My favorite tool for taking this path is Upwork.
It’s a freelancing website where people post thousands of real freelance job ads every day.
Whether you’re brand new to freelancing, or you’ve been doing it for a while, Upwork offers an incredible mix of freedom, income potential, and the opportunity to do work you enjoy, whenever you want to.
It’s where I’ve done 100% of my own freelance work.
Despite having no formal experience or training, I was able to quickly learn the ropes and earn a full time living–in fact, I even managed to personally pull in six-figures in just my second year alone.
There’s a not-so-quiet revolution taking place…
A huge, growing movement of people who refuse to compromise on their lives and careers.
So today I’m sharing my knowledge in order to help others do what I’ve done — living a life of freedom, that they can enjoy and be proud of.
To do that, I’ve created a huge repository of free tools and resources that you’ll find helpful. You can use these right away, to get real results. My goal is for my free material to be better than most other people’s paid stuff. Check some of it out below:
- My top 5 hacks for making money on Upwork
- My Ultimate Guide to Getting Your First (Or Next) Freelance Job
- One of my most popular blog posts on how I became a copywriter in 2 days
- My Business Insider article about how to get started as a freelancer
- An article written by Upwork’s Amy Sept featuring my advice for how to set your rates as a freelancer
- An interview I did for Bloomberg News about how I earn $250/hour on Upwork
- An episode of Stanford University’s Raw Data podcast that features my story (Ironic since I didn’t go to college)
- Plus, check out the rest of the Freelance To Win blog
At no time in history has freelancing been such a lucrative game, open to every single person on earth who wants to play. Why not play to win?
Btw, here are a few of the blogs and publications I’ve been featured on: